Why should you care about SEO?
Three reasons why SEO still matters
- You meet people in their moment of need.
- Content creation efforts are cumulative.
- It can be approached systematically.
The Compound Effect of SEO
Key words helps to add up.
There is an example about a website that has an estimated value of $45k per month.
How Search Works
The focus is on on-site SEO:
How Google Works In A Nutshell
- Site added to crawl queue
- Crawl (Googlebot), adds links to crawl queue.
- Render queue.
- Render again (WRS, Chromium).
- Added to an index named Caffeine.
From The User Perspective
- A user searches something.
- The ranking is order based on ranking factors.
- User signals:
- Dwell time.
- Click-through-rate (CTR).
- Core Web Vitals.
The Lifecycle of Search
The first three are the initial parts of technical SEO.