Best Continuous Discovery Mindsets
Taken from https://www.producttalk.org/2018/10/continuous-discovery-mindsets/
The following mindsets act to favour the
outcomes over outputs mentality.
- Collaborative mindset: working on a cross-functional team.
- Continuous mindset: the discovery is never done, the delivery is never done. Reduce the cycle times between customer touchpoints.
- Experimental mindset
More On Continuous Mindset
- Avoid "whether or not" decisions to prevent "confirmation bias".
- Set up "compare and contrast" conversations. We want to ask which of these solutions best addresses the target opportunity.
More On Experimental Mindset
A/B tests are great but expensive. We need to expand our repertoire of experiments to include prototyping, smoke screen tests, Wizard of Oz tests, concierge tests, and so on.
- Do not assume success
- Good tests kill flawed theories
- Wisdom = knowing + doubt.
The Double Movement of Reflection as creating an inductive theory (theory of the whole) and using experiments to deductively test it.