Intro to After Effects course
- The course will the use the
Standard view (under Window > Workspace > Standard).
- Tools panel is to the top along the bar below the tool bar.
- Left-hand side is the project window which contains all the assets.
- Down the bottom is the timeline.
- The main area is the "composition window".
- The right-hand side is the "properties window".
- When creating a new composition, it is incredibly important to match the frame rate.
- The proportion grid is a great tool to have up for lower thirds.
Part one completes with a few boxes added with text on the grid that will fit everything.
This part teaches more about keyframing.
- Demonstrates how to make keyframes.
- Speaks to the graph editor for easing.
- You can select multiple layers at once to set the key frames. This can also be edited by dragging them all away!
- The example staggers the rectangles position keyframes.
null objects, we can parent other layers to it so that it can control those layers.
- It is easier to setup parent-child relationships when there is a relationship between the "movement" of a property in a group.
u shows keyframe data for a composition only.
This section focuses on text editing.
- Left square bracket changes the start of a composition layer to the playhead.
animate selector on the main composition panel under the target text layer adds the animation.
- Source text can be referenced using a "pick whip".
Secondary (or embellished) motion. This has been done after we did the "layout" and the "priamry motion".